Joanne Kelly Keogh
I am the Director of services at NFPC, however I do not work alone. I have four associates to include one clinical psychologist, one counselling psychologist, one educational psychologist and one psychiatrist. I have worked in forensic mental health for over ten years.
I gained my psychology degree in 1990 from the University of Ulster and initially trained as an educational psychologist which required teacher training. I worked in secondary schools for ten years providing consultation, acting as liaison officer and providing interventions for adolescents displaying challenging behaviour. I then completed my doctoral training at Middlesex University and my post doctoral masters specialisation in Clinical Forensic Psychiatry at Kings College, London. I have worked in various mental health and educational psychology settings to include two psychiatric hospitals, the Northern Ireland Council for Educational Research, Living Life Counselling in Bray, Trinity College Student Counselling Service and Forensic Psychological Services in Dunlaoghaire. My experience has permitted me to work with those who have been severely traumatised by abuse or witnessing a life changing event, as well as the families of those affected by crime. I have a particular interest in developmental trauma and single incident trauma to include the impact of events on an individual’s life. I work therapeutically, I provide court assessments to include risk assessments, mental health, psychological functioning, parenting capacity assessments (section 47) and assessment of personal injury
Dr. Joanne Kelly Keogh
- HCPC (UK) Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- BPS Chartered Psychologist
- Member of the Psychological Society of Ireland
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Registered Secondary School Science/Human Biology/Chemistry Teacher
- Expert Witness Directory of British psychological Society
- 1986 – 1990 BSc (Hons) Psychology. University of Ulster at Jordanstown.
- 1992 – 1994 BEd. Balanced Science.
- 2008 – 2009 Higher Diploma Psychotherapy Studies, UCD/St Vincent’s Hospital.
- 2008 – 2013 Graduate Diploma Child and Educational Psychology. ICEPE Europe/Queen University Belfast (Inclusive education, ADHD, ASD).
- 2009– 2013 Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy. NSPC/ Middlesex University
- Doctoral thesis addressed intrusive images associated with anxiety and worry related to
- developmental trauma.
- 2010 – 2011 Post Graduate Diploma in C.B.T. Belfast Cognitive Therapy Centre (Year 1).
- 2011 – 2012 Psychometrics Training Course (TCD)
- 2013 – 2014 MSc Clinical Forensic Psychiatry. Kings College, London.
- Dissertation addressed the association between mental health and sexual offending.